AVONDALE HOMEOWNERS’ ASSOCIATION INC.
2021 ANNUAL DUES COLLECTION POLICY
Homeowners' due are assessed annually after the annual meeting. The dues amount is determined by a vote of the homeowners at the annual meeting. A notice will be sent to each homeowner by U.S. mail or email if the homeowner consents. The notice will inform the homeowner of his/her responsibility to pay the dues, the date due, where to send the payment, and consequences for non-payment.
If dues are not postmarked by the date due, a $25 late fee will be assessed. The delinquent homeowner will be sent a letter advising the homeowner of the late fee. If the dues and late fee are not postmarked by the date specified below, the homeowner will be sent a second letter notifying him/her of the past due amount, and the 12% simple interest will accrue until the account is satisfied in full. If the past due amount plus interest is not postmarked by the date specified below, a lien will be placed on the property. If a lien is placed on the property, the legal costs, filing fees, release fees, interest, and administrative/accounting costs will be assessed and must be paid before the lien is released.
The notice letters are attached and the dates governing the dues policy are as follows:
- February 9, 2021– Annual meeting where dues amount is set.
- February 15, 2021– Dues notice is sent to all homeowners.
- March 15, 2021– Dues are due.
- March 16, 2021– Letter sent notifying homeowner of dues past due, assessing late fee and interest penalty. Payment must be postmarked by March 31, 2020.
- March 31, 2021– Dues, late fee, and accrued interest due.
- April 1, 2021- Letter sent notifying homeowner of dues past due, late fee, interest penalty, and informing him/her of lien proceeding if payment is not postmarked by April 30, 2021.
- May 1, 2021– Letter sent notifying homeowner that the account has been turned over to an attorney for lien proceedings.